This is a post that I am hoping to do once a month! Here I will share with you four items that I am currently enjoying. They could be anything from TV shows, movies, books, clothing, make-up, technology….. almost anything!
Paprika Recipe Manager
This app is fantastic. I used to have a file on my computer with recipes that I have copied from various websites as well as a folder with recipes that I had printed or copied from various locations. This app allows be to have everything in one place. Some great things about this app:
- You can categories them (each recipe can have more than one too which is great).
- Once you copy and paste the recipe URL into the app it will automatically create the recipe card (or you can type it manually).
- There is an app available for iPad, iPhone, Mac, Android, Kindle Fire and Windows (the only disadvantage is you have to buy it separately for each device). I have it on both my Mac and iPad.
- If you have the app on more than one device it will sync for you.
- There is a timer – a recipe says cook for 20 minutes, you click the 20 minutes (which will be in blue) and the timer starts.
- There is a calendar to help with meal planning (this I haven’t used yet as I’m a old school paper planner kind of girl but to go with simplifying my life I should probably give it a go). From here it will then create a grocery list.
The app can be downloaded from the website or from your devices App Store.
JJ Cole Nappy Bag – Linden
I’ve always been a bit of a bag girl and this has continued since having children when adding a Nappy (Diaper) Bag to my collection became necessary. I have a number in my collection, some which I like and some which I didn’t – but this is my current favourite.
It’s a lot smaller than ones that I have used previously, which is interesting since I now have two kids and not just one. But I find everything I need fits in and it doesn’t look too much like a nappy bag (I have mine in grey heather). A bonus was that it came with both stroller clips and a change pad. I have to admit that I’m not a big fan of the change pad it came with so I use another one but more about that in an up coming post of what’s in my Nappy (Diaper) Bag.
Here is a link to the bag itself – http://jjcolecollections.com/linden (note that prices on this website are in US Dollars), although I purchased it from Baby Factory here in New Zealand.
CamelBak Eddy Drink Bottle (0.6l)
I’ve had one of these for a while and love it. It makes drinking water so much easier (my goal is 2l a day). This size is perfect as well as it fits in the drink console in my car – the bigger size bottles are too big – as well as that it fits in my trusty nappy bag too.
They also have a kids version which I have for my son which makes it super easy to get water into him if he sees Mummy drinking out of hers.
Whittaker’s Artisan Collection – Hawkes Bay Braeburn Apple with Vanilla
I’m not normally a big chocolate person – don’t get me wrong I love chocolate, chocolate just doesn’t love me. I’m not allergic just an intolerance that has chocolate give me migraines and make me feel nauseous, this seems to be less (almost non-existent) with white chocolate.
This Whittaker’s Chocolate was a Christmas gift from my two kids for Christmas and oh my goodness it is amazing. It comes in a 100g block which is quite thin but I normally only have one piece at a time so it lasts a while.
The subtle taste of apple breaks the sweetness of the chocolate and vanilla leaving with that sweet treat feel without the sickly sweet after taste.
What are the things that you have been enjoying this month?